UniGroup in the News
UniGroup 2019 5K + Family Fun Day for United Way
ST. LOUIS (June 20, 2019) –Registration is now open for the 17th Annual 5K + Family Fun Day, taking place on Saturday, Sept. 14. The fun-filled day benefits the United Way of Greater St. Louis. This event is sponsored by UniGroup, the parent company of United Van Lines, Mayflower Transit and other transportation-related companies.
Additional details of the 5K + Family Fun Day:
- New this year! Kid’s Dash at 8:30 a.m. for children ages 12 and under. Please arrive at 8:15 a.m. to register.
- The 5K race begins at 9 a.m. at the UniGroup campus located at One Premier Drive in Fenton, Missouri. The course winds through the flat streets and parks of the Fenton neighborhood. Please note there will be no 10K course this year due to road construction.
- All paid 5K participants are chip timed and receive a free performance t-shirt.
- Register by Aug. 23 and receive early bird pricing, which is $25 per runner. After Aug. 23, the registration fee will be $30.
- Register online at https://raceroster.com/events/2019/24048/5k-family-fun-day.
- For course maps, please visit facebook.com/unitedway5k.
- Prize money will be awarded for the top three male and female 5k and 10k finishers: $100 awarded for first, $75 for second and $50 for third.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three males and females in these age categories: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
- If you can’t attend the event, you can still show your support for the United Way by registering as a “Runner in Spirit.” A donation made before Aug. 23 will be $20, with an increase to $25 after Aug. 23.
- Packet pickup is Friday, Sept.13, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the UniGroup main lobby and Saturday, Sept. 14, 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. at UniGroup.
- Following the race, UniGroup will host The Bubble Bus, face painting and a petting zoo for the kids free of charge. There will also be live music by the Tailgators and food trucks where breakfast can be purchased.
- For additional information about the event, please visit https://www.facebook.com/UnitedWay5k/. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About United Way of Greater St. Louis
United Way funds more than 170 health and human service agencies located throughout a 16-county area in Missouri and Illinois. One in three people in our community receive services that strengthen families, help the elderly, keep children healthy and safe, and build stronger neighborhoods. For more information, contact 314-421-0700 or visit www.stl.unitedway.org.
UniGroup is a $1.5 billion transportation and relocation services company with headquarters in suburban St. Louis, MO. In addition to household goods carriers United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit, logistics company UniGroup Logistics and international relocation provider UniGroup Worldwide Moving, UniGroup owns other subsidiaries that provide good and services to professional movers.
For more information on UniGroup or comments or questions from members of the press,